Sunday, November 20, 2011

Searching

Ever since I graduated back in the Spring of 2009, I have felt "in limbo."  I have never felt more in limbo than I do now.  Hence, my more frequent blogging---2 days in a row now!  I spent this weekend by myself.  I slept in, lounged around in the mornings and walked around by myself for fun.  So, basically, I did nothing of importance.  Nothing.

Saturday afternoon I walked all the way to U street from my place which is nearly a three mile walk.  I walked the entire way by myself which is interesting when you live in my neighborhood because you receive all kinds of interesting comments from men on the street.  Not that I was even wearing anything special, just a jacket, jeans and tennis shoes.  Luckily, I had my headphones in so I could tune them out.  I didn't really have a set goal for where I was walking to---just wanted to walk and clear my mind.  I stopped and bought a cupcake from a flea market vendor who was wrapping up for the day.  Then I continued to U Street and grabbed some hot chili from a sandwich shop.  I sat by the window to get some prime time people watching in.  That night, I watched my Best Friend's Wedding and ate chocolate.  Yes, I know.  Then today, I felt like getting out of the house and doing some shopping.  I've been needing a new ipod cord so I figured I would use the excuse to trek to the mall via the metro.  What I did not realize was that it was Sunday and of course, silly me forgot the mall closes early.  Smart move.  So I spent almost 1.5 hours trying to get out there only to turn around and have to come back home.  Of course, while I was there I figured I would grab a burger from Johnny Rockets' since it was the only place in the whole mall that was still open.

Now, I know the details of my 'nothingness' weekend are extremely boring to any outsider with a brain.  The point is though that I needed to be outside of the house and I needed to be out by myself.

You know how they say when it rains, it pours?  Well, it has been pouring on me lately.  Yes, I know it sounds melodramatic.  But, it's kind of true.  In the course of the past month,  I found out I would no longer have a job after working hard to prove myself for three months, accepted yet another rejection from another job I really wanted (and interviewed in person for twice), dealt with an urgent house safety issue and heard some sad news from a good friend.  Yes, it's been a little rough.  Especially rough considering the fact that I am staying in town for Thanksgiving and missing my family like crazy.

In all my meditation time, I've decided I'm going to give myself until Jan. 1 to find something in DC.  If nothing pans out, it is time to call it a day and head back to Texas.  Life is a journey.

Gotta Get Thru This- Daniel Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment