Sunday, January 22, 2012

Waitin' and wonderin'

Have you ever felt as if you were on pins and needles?  That's how I have felt for the past few days waiting to hear back from a sales position here in DC.   After following up by phone and e-mail last week, I finally got a phone call on Friday afternoon saying that someone would let me know by this next Tuesday.  I know I shouldn't be dwelling on what they will decide as I have no control over it but here I am dwelling. So, I could be back in Texas come this weekend or I could still be here in DC and on the apartment search. Either way I have decided I will be fine.  It's just the not knowing part that I don't enjoy!  I should take Dad's advice though and trust that God will know what is best for me.

In the meantime, here is a list of what I need to do following either decision:

If I get the job:  Find a place to live by Feb. 15.

If I don't get the job:
Box up all of my stuff and book flight with three suitcases.
Look to head home by this next Monday (30th)
Party with friends in DC for last time!
Continue job search in Houston.

If you are still reading by now, congrats!  I know that was a terrible to-do list with no relevance to your life.  And you are awesome for caring to read this far.

Bottom line:  I need to prepare to leave and just be pleasantly surprised if I hear a positive response instead.  I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment