Friday, January 10, 2014

Acupressure

Have you ever tried acupressure to treat a problem? What was your experience with it?
Yes, I have gone for acupressure treatment in the form of Reflexology.  My mother convinced my sisters and I to go for two sessions.  The first time we went I was under the impression that this would simply a massage on the upper part of my body.  I didn't realize that it would be a full body massage!  (I was glad I got to keep my clothes on though!)  It was very relaxing though and I definitely felt a sense of calm after the treatment.  I would recommend it to anyone looking for a way to relieve stress and/or soothe tired muscles.  

For those of you who don't know, that acupressure method focuses on meridians in the body.  The idea is to break up patterns that cause blockages and release them which in turn allows energy and blood flow in the body to improve.  The result is reduced stress and better circulation.  It has even been known to help with hormonal imbalances, migraines and digestive disorders.  I am obviously not an expert though and for more information I would suggest searching on good ole' Google.  If you haven't been for acupressure treatment before though, I would highly recommend Reflexology!  


REFLEXOLOGY
By Stacy Simone [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment