Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pressure points

A pressure point translates in Japanese to "tender spot." What are your pressure points?

I like to think of myself as easy to get along with but I do have a couple tender spots that will set me off.  OK, more than a couple, a few!

1. Overhearing guys make derogatory comments about women.
This is by far my worst pressure point.  I especially hate the common usage of words such as "bit*h" and "slut."  I can tolerate them when used by women casually but when men refer to women like this in a demeaning way I can get hostile.

2.  People who complain to no end.
I am human and I like to complain once in a while.  I am a realist and I know that no one can be happy 100% of the time.  This week has been very cold and I have logged in my fair share of complaints.  However, I do not like to be around people who are constantly whining about something.  We all have troubles in life and I respect people who can keep their complaining to a minimum.  

3. People who spread negative gossip about others.
We have all been around those people who are always in everyone's business.  Nosy people are fine by me but it's the gossipy ones that can get my riled up.  Sure, we all spread juicy tidbits about others every now and then.  When the negative gossip from you exceeds a certain level though, I start to question whether you are spilling my bad news too.

Do any of you identify with these pressure points?  Or, are yours entirely different than mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment