Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jan 1, 2014- Beginning NaBloPoMo- Blog Her

Happy New Year, all!  January 1, 2014.  I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating with your loved ones.  Like most people, I love the feeling of beginning a new year and starting a new chapter.  Of course with a new year comes change and for me, with change comes anxiety.  I am a creature of habit and a person who loves the familiar.   My big resolution this year is to embrace change better.  To quote someone famous whose name I cannot recall,  "Change is the only constant in life."  I am also resolving to drink more water and hopefully (knock on wood) do some serious stomach toning in the new year.  I ate my weight in food over the holidays so Lord knows I need some of that!

By signing up for this NaBloPoMo I hope to achieve another big resolution to get my blog up and rolling this year!  It was great to find a community of fellow bloggers in BlogHer that will inspire my writing.   

To answer the first prompt of the month, I do work well under pressure in some cases.  Writing is one of those cases.  In college, I was the chick who stayed up all night in the 24 hour computer lab working on her research paper assigned at the beginning of the semester.  I fueled my body with bottles of Coca-Cola and junk food.  (Not fitting for my stomach toning resolution!)  Having a deadline for my writing motivated me and often times resulted in my best work which is what I hope will happen here!  My strategy of procrastinating and waiting until the last week/few days before a deadline worked wonders for most of my liberal arts courses in college.  This strategy did not work, however, with my more challenging subjects such as Calculus and Chemistry where I needed weeks of review to manage even a B on the test!

So, in sum, the pressure cooker works well when I am completing assignments that I enjoy or excel in.  In other areas, not so much.  So, fellow bloggers bring on the pressure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment